Monday, January 24, 2011

VOLUNTEER WORK

Today is one of those day's where I let my mind wander where it will go... so hang in here with me.

I've been doing a lot of volunteering for the park, you know, cleaning the out-skirts, trimming bushes, keeping up the empties. It keeps me busy while Wayne is away working. However today  I was doing something I like to do, making steps and re-structuring a few rock walls. The major problem with this peticular job was the massive tree roots preventing me from digging down deep enough to place the up-side-down scallops.

Yes I said scallops, they make great facing for steps. The hight is perfect for elderly people, half the block buried and they don't move either.  For a bit of extra, strenght two re-bar per scallop does the trick.

The wall was falling apart, you could just touch the rock beds there and they fell, so I moved it out a bit to give the tree roots some dirt to cover them. It worked out really well if I say so myself. Much to Waynes dismay, I didn't photograph the before...but I have found the pictures don't do it justice. Especially when rocks are involved. When I finish it tomorrow I will put up some after pictures. I think the afters will speak for themselves.

Well I think I wandered enough for today... Time for your Prompt tease... ROUNDEL Poetry
Hope to see you joining in too
ENJOY
JL&B

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that you are doing volunteer work. It might be just around the park, but you are enriching the lives,of those that live in the park.Keep it up,you will find the feeling you get from helping others is, do I say it, Habit forming. You have come so far.it You continue to amaze me.can't wait to see the results of you work.

    ReplyDelete