Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NaPoWriMo: 30 NEW Writing Prompts for National Poetry Month 2011


27. Write a poem made of ten metaphors.

 OURS IS ....







He dances in the darkness
with music playing in silence
tunes from the future beckoned
he lies in the past of his dreams
buying a moments lingering breath
she grasps for his fading shadow
diving in a pool of tomorrow
to set aside the grief of happiness
all the while knowing nothing still
she lights up the floor with darkness


UMMMM... not too sure if I did this justice...
YOUR TURN
ENJOY
JL&B

4 comments:

  1. I am definitely not the poetic type, but this sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you doubt? If it is because it one strikes a different way every time it is read, that is because it is damn good poetry.
    You use words like an artist used the brush.
    I use them lok a mallet. I hope to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're going to keep writing poetry now that the challenge is done. I'll be back to check (and to feed your fish!)

    I have an award for you HERE

    ReplyDelete