Monday, April 25, 2011

NaPoWriMo: 30 NEW Writing Prompts for National Poetry Month 2011







25. Write a poem where a literary figure shows up and tells you something and gives you something.
OURS IS....










Shakespeare came to me in a dream
holding the secrets I've longed to know
he told me it is easier than it seems
then with painted words he did show

He spoke in riddles yet I could see
the gifts he was trying to bestow
and before too long it came to me
that it is all how the words flow

He felt he'd done what he came to do
and he began to fade in a mist
and though the dream was all through
there still was a bit of a twist

seems as I dreamt I wrote it down
yet I'd never done that before
my writing sure made my husband frown
for it was written on my kitchen floor !!

Tee hee hee... I wish !!
YOUR TURN
ENJOY
JL&B

2 comments:

  1. So, you've been holding back, huh... hehehe. Seriously, this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee hee... It is so hard to catch up...
    So happy they are coming out ok !

    ReplyDelete